Maxmsp is a graphical programming language which excels at audio, video, and physical computing, and the interaction between these elements.
your computer + monome
Through several examples we’ll explore numerous methods of programming monome-specific interactions:
- the 4 minute step sequencer
- optimization using rows, columns, and frames
- toggle, modifier keys, double/triple click functions
- tracking held down keypads, multi-touch gestures
- paging, blinking, scrolling
- tilt mapping
- network sharing and remote control
Basic familiarity with maxmsp absolutely required! Several hours with cycling74’s tutorials and some hands-on experimenting may be enough experience, but we’d like to not have this be an intro to maxmsp.
We’ll be using max5! a 30 day demo is available here.
Guided by Brian Crabtree (aka tehn, creator of monome)
Includes drinks and snacks. Space is limited, sign up soon.