1200-D North Alvarado Street, Los Angeles, CA 90026
We are open for events and by appointment.
What is Machine Project?
1) Machine Project is a storefront space in the echo park neighborhood of Los Angeles that hosts events about all kinds of things we find interesting – scientific talks, poetry readings, musical performances, competitions, group naps, cheese tastings and so forth. We usually do about two events a week, open to the general public and free of charge. Usually at 8pm. Information on upcoming events can be found on our future page.
2) Machine Project is an informal educational institution located in the the same storefront space as mentioned above. We teach all kinds of things we find interesting – electronics, sewing, pickling, computer programming, car theft and so forth. We usually have one or two class going a week, open to the public for a fee by pre-registration. Information on upcoming classes can be found on our classes page.
3) Machine Project is a loose group of artist/performer collaborators, who do projects together when invited by other people and institutions, usually museums. Information on special projects can be found on our projects page.
5) A huge gracias to our generous donors!
Machine Project is a 501c3 non-profit corporation.
More information that you will probably want to read can be found on our FAQ page
Mark talking about Machine Project, video by David Fenster.
Chris Wilcha’s Lovely film about Machine Project
- More Machine Project videos on our Vimeo page