sundays from 2pm – 5:30pm (with a break)
march 11 – april 1 (four meetings)
guided by k.cain and b.crabtree
combining craft and technology, create your own noisey synthesizer creature from scratch including all the steps for hand-making naturally dyed felt and etching circuit boards.
- make plant based dyes and simple mordants
- felt and dye wool provided by happy and healthy sheep
- design circuit schematic and layout in software
- print to film, transfer to board, etch copper in watery bath
- drill holes, assemble and solder circuits
- sew completed circuits into small felt creatures
etched circuit boards are much more durable and reliable than hand-wired projects. they allow you to fabricate many identical parts quickly. they also look very pretty. we’ll be using free software and cheap, accessible materials.
bring a laptop (for circuit layout).
limited to 12 students