Felt and Circuits Workshop
Combining craft and technology, create your own noisey synthesizer creature from scratch including all the steps for hand-making naturally dyed felt and etching circuit boards.
– make plant based dyes and simple mordants
– felt and dye wool provided by happy and healthy sheep
– design circuit schematic and layout in software
– print to film, transfer to board, etch copper in watery bath
– drill holes, assemble and solder circuits
– sew completed circuits into small felt creatures
Etched circuit boards are much more durable and reliable than hand-wired projects. they allow you to fabricate many identical parts quickly. they also look very pretty. we’ll be using free software and cheap, accessible materials.
Bring a laptop (for circuit layout).