maxmsp for monome users!
guided by brian crabtree (aka tehn, creator of monome)
sorry, sold out!
please note, this is NOT a beginner’s class.
thursday april 16
7pm – 11pm
$60 non-member fee, includes drinks and snacks
$50 member fee, also includes drinks and snacks
bring: your computer + monome
description: maxmsp is a graphical programming language which excels at audio, video, and physical computing, and the interaction between these elements. through several examples we’ll explore numerous methods of programming monome-specific interactions:
- the 4 minute step sequencer
- optimization using rows, columns, and frames
- toggle, modifier keys, double/triple click functions
- tracking held down keypads, multi-touch gestures
- paging, blinking, scrolling
- tilt mapping
- network sharing and remote control
basic familiarity with maxmsp absolutely required! several hours with cycling74′s tutorials and some hands-on experimenting may be enough experience, but we’d like to not have this be an intro to maxmsp.
we’ll be using max5! a 30 day demo is available here.
space is limited, sign up soon.