Machine Project Summer Internship 2009:
A 10-week internship, early June to August 21, 2009.
Machine Project is looking for a full-time paid intern this summer!
We’re being funded by the Getty Foundation’s Multicultural Undergraduate Internship Grant to hire an intern this summer. We’re looking for someone who is interested in event production for a small + feisty non-profit arts and educational space. It will help immensely if you’re already familiar with Machine and have attended events here in the past. You will also need a car.
The Getty will support the hiring of an intern who meets these basic parameters:
- Must be of African-American, Asian, Latino/Hispanic, Native American, or Pacific Islander descent.
- Must be a currently enrolled undergraduate and have completed at least one semester of college by June 2009 (doesn’t matter what your major is).
- Must be a resident of, or attend college in, Los Angeles County.
- Must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Can’t have interned with Machine Project before.
- Can’t be related to one of our staff or board members (sorry Mom).
Additionally, a Machine Project intern should:
- Be able to work a flexible schedule. Most of our events happen on weekends or evenings — so you must be available to work on most weekends and evenings.
- Have access to a car. Part of the job will be going on runs for materials & equipment for events, as well as running office-related errands, so access to your own transportation is a must.
- Be responsible and punctual.
- Enjoy coming to events at Machine (and have come to at least a few in the past).
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’re interested and eligible, email a cover letter and your resume (mandatory) and a link to your recent favorite YouTube clip (optional) to email@example.com by April 30, 2009.
happy former Machine Project intern, Nicole, with a giant bone