Visual Effects Workshop: Green Screen for Beginners
An introduction to Visual Fx and Digital Compositing concepts through Green Screen extraction.
Taught by Chad Goei
Saturday July 17th, 2-5pm
Saturday July 24th, 2-5pm
Saturday July 31st, 2-6pm
2. Adobe After Effects w/Keylight (trial available)
3. No previous experience needed.
- Overview of the art of Visual Fx and its uses in media
- What is Compositing?
- 2D and 3D concepts
- After Effects Intro: The interface & basic tasks
- The concept of Keying
- The Green Screen shoot: Students will be shot against Green Screen to composite themselves in a scene. We will be shooting with a still camera, however basic shooting & compositing concepts remain the same. We will also be working with sample green screen footage
- How to capture footage in Final Cut
- Working in After Effects:
o Layers, Masking, Keyframes, Animation, Color & Alpha Channels
o General Tools & Plug-ins
- Keying Methods (we will be focusing on Keylight)
- Pulling a Key and Compositing onto a background
o G-mattes & clean-up
- Overall Integration:
o Color-corrections, Focus, Grain, Lightwrap, Shadows etc.
o Adding other elements to your scene
o File formats, Image Data, Compression
o Creating output templates
o Rendering Elements, Mattes, and Final Rendering
Please note, all class fees include a non-refundable enrollment deposit of $25 that will be deducted from your refund if you sign up for, then drop, a class. So, for example, if you sign up for Machine Sewing 101 and pay the $155 class fee, but then remember that you have trapeze school final exams that conflict with the Sewing class and shouldn’t have signed up after all, we will refund you $130 of your tuition payment.