Members Only! Spears and Beers
Friday, August 26 8pm
After discovering our summer intern, Andrew Hong, not only brewed his own beer but is also a world ranked competitor in the martial art of Naginata, we spent the summer drinking his beer and imagining him cutting people into pieces. We’re excited to share this fun with you in the first of what we hope will be many Machine member appreciation evenings featuring spears and beers.
Andrew will give a brief presentation of his home crafted beer after which he will delight and terrify us with a demonstration of the traditional Japanese art of the curved spear with classic moves like Oguruma No Mieare.
1) Do I have to be a machine member to attend? Yes! Become a member here:
2) Can I come if I don’t drink beer? Yes! There will be water! and
soda! and soda water!
3) Can I bring a friend, loved one, or small child that loves spear
fighting and drinking beer, or watching people drink beer, or watching
people fight with spears? Yes!
4) Is there a fee for this event? No!
5) Are you concerned about Andrew flipping out and cutting people’s
heads off? Maybe!