Inspired by articles by Gareth Branwyn (he’s great! buy his book!) in MAKE issues #6 and #8, this one day workshop covers the basics of BEAM robotics.
- Capturing, storing, and using solar power to power modest sized electronics
- Voltage, Current, Resistance, Ohm’s Law, and the basics of electrical theory
- Soldering for beginners
- Our friend the transistor
- Our other friend the capacitor
- Our really good friend the multimeter
No knowledge of electronics is needed for this class. All materials included. You will leave with two working solar circuit robotic toy like things (that you built yourself), a free copy of MAKE #8, and enough knowledge to impress the impressionable during upcoming holiday parties.