Combining craft and technology, create your own noisy synthesizer creature from scratch including all the steps for hand-making naturally dyed felt and etching circuit boards.
- make plant based dyes and simple mordants
- felt and dye wool provided by happy and healthy sheep
- design circuit schematic and layout in software
- print to film, transfer to board, etch copper in watery bath
- drill holes, assemble and solder circuits
- sew completed circuits into small felt creatures
Etched circuit boards are much more durable and reliable than hand-wired projects. They allow you to fabricate many identical parts quickly. They also look very pretty. We’ll be using free software and cheap, accessible materials.
Bring a laptop (for circuit layout).