A 10-week internship, June 10th to August 16th, 2010.
Machine Project is looking for a full-time paid intern this summer! (Thanks to the Getty Foundation’s Multicultural Undergraduate Internship Grant.) We’re looking for someone who is interested in event production for a small + feisty non-profit arts and educational space. It will help immensely if you’re already familiar with Machine and have attended events here in the past. You will also need a car.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’re interested and eligible, email a cover letter and your resume (mandatory) and a link to your recent favorite YouTube clip (optional) to email@example.com by April 30, 2010. Applicants must be available for an interview the first week of May 2010.
The Getty will support the hiring of an intern who meets these basic parameters:
– Be of African American, Asian, Latino/Hispanic, Native American, or Pacific Islander descent;
– Be a currently enrolled undergraduate. Intern must have completed at least one semester of college by June 2010, or will complete their degree by September 1, 2010; (Students who are enrolled in a second BA or BS program are not eligible.)
– Reside or attend college in Los Angeles County; and
– Be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
The internship is a full-time (40 hours/week) position, for a consecutive ten-week work period between June and August, 2010.
ADDITIONALLY, a Machine Project intern should:
– Be able to work a flexible schedule. Most of our events happen on weekends or nights, so you MUST be available to work on most weekends and nights. In general, your workweek will often be Thursday through Monday.
– Have reliable access to a car. Part of the job will be going on runs for materials & equipment for events, as well as running office-related errands, so access to your own transportation is a must. If you don’t have reliable access to a car, unfortunately we cannot consider your application, unless you own a fully beta-tested human teleportation device.
– Be responsible and punctual.
– Enjoy coming to events at Machine (and have come to at least a few in the past).
The intern will report to Machine Project in Echo Park on a full-time schedule, and work side-by-side with staff in Machine’s office, gallery, and classroom. A workstation with an Apple computer can be provided, though interns are encouraged to bring their own laptops.
Last year’s Getty intern Joanne, at the end of a day of assisting our Monster Prop & Costume class