We’ve curated a number of sound pieces as part of the Getty Center Family Festival happening Saturday, October 22nd from 10am to 6pm.
- A tuba duet with Doug Tornquist and Luke Storm performing miniature music for monumental instruments.
- Chris Kallmyer and Loren Marsteller will be performing “Our Shared Terrain” featuring two alphorns.
- Pianists Richard Valitutto, Ingrid Lee, and Emi Tamura will play “Serious Music on a Funny Instrument,” a work featuring a toy piano repertoire.
- Local composer Paul Fraser has gathered an ensemble who will be playing original compositions with mallets on the Getty Center’s pitched travertine-tiled wall..
- Innovative choral group Singing By Numbers will travel from one location to the next, experimenting with new methods in teaching harmonic singing.
Try out the travertine tiles yourself by clicking on the link below. Ian Byers-Gamber made us a Flash interactive version of the wall. Thanks Ian!: